Forum PARSEC
N'hésitez pas à vous inscrire afin de participer aux forums, c'est plus convivial et c'est évidemment gratuit.
Forum PARSEC

Philosophie, Astronomie, Rationalisme, Science, Esprit Critique

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez

Sealevelrising

AuteurMessage
OKTAGON
Système planètaire
Système planètaire
OKTAGON

Masculin Nombre de messages : 157
Emploi : architect/ingenieur
Loisirs : div

Sealevelrising Empty
MessageSujet: Sealevelrising   Sealevelrising Icon_minitimeJeu 8 Mar 2007 - 12:30

I am from the low lands,les Pays Bas,and about 40% of our country is situated from zero until 4-5 meters below sealevel.
We have dikes and dams to defend us against the water so we are used to storms and high waterlevels.

Nowadays we hear and read much about a possible changing of our climate on earth,including rising of the sealevel and I wonder if the people in your regions and coastsides are thinking too about such things.

I live on an island (part of the province of Zeeland)of about 300 km^2 surrounded with dikes with a top of 3 meters aboven the max.sealevel and with storms the water comes some meters higher.

Once I talked with a Swiss man who lives in the moutains and he could not understand that we were not constantly frightened to live in such situation;I answered that we are afraid of canions and waterfalls in erroded aerias!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/bouwkunde/
RexZeDog
Astromodérateur
Astromodérateur
RexZeDog

Masculin Nombre de messages : 237
Emploi : Ingénieur Opérations Satellite
Loisirs : Astronomie, Photo, Vidéo, Bièrologie...

Sealevelrising Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Sealevelrising   Sealevelrising Icon_minitimeVen 9 Mar 2007 - 10:50

I get your point Smile
I come from a region where there are some old volcanoes, silent for centuries. I was not affraid to live there : every place on earth has its own risks. But some are more risky than other, for sure.

Sealevelrising
Page 1 sur 1