Forum PARSEC
N'hésitez pas à vous inscrire afin de participer aux forums, c'est plus convivial et c'est évidemment gratuit.
Forum PARSEC

Philosophie, Astronomie, Rationalisme, Science, Esprit Critique

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Sealevelrising

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
OKTAGON
Système planètaire
Système planètaire

Masculin Nombre de messages : 157
Emploi : architect/ingenieur
Loisirs : div

MessageSujet: Sealevelrising   Jeu 8 Mar 2007 - 12:30

I am from the low lands,les Pays Bas,and about 40% of our country is situated from zero until 4-5 meters below sealevel.
We have dikes and dams to defend us against the water so we are used to storms and high waterlevels.

Nowadays we hear and read much about a possible changing of our climate on earth,including rising of the sealevel and I wonder if the people in your regions and coastsides are thinking too about such things.

I live on an island (part of the province of Zeeland)of about 300 km^2 surrounded with dikes with a top of 3 meters aboven the max.sealevel and with storms the water comes some meters higher.

Once I talked with a Swiss man who lives in the moutains and he could not understand that we were not constantly frightened to live in such situation;I answered that we are afraid of canions and waterfalls in erroded aerias!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://communities.zeelandnet.nl/data/bouwkunde/
RexZeDog
Astromodérateur
Astromodérateur

Masculin Nombre de messages : 237
Emploi : Ingénieur Opérations Satellite
Loisirs : Astronomie, Photo, Vidéo, Bièrologie...

MessageSujet: Re: Sealevelrising   Ven 9 Mar 2007 - 10:50

I get your point Smile
I come from a region where there are some old volcanoes, silent for centuries. I was not affraid to live there : every place on earth has its own risks. But some are more risky than other, for sure.

Sealevelrising
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1